HomeChoice is a leading omni-channel retailer, delighting our customers with an innovative range of curated products on personalized terms. Our aim is to provide multiple, convenient and easy retail shopping channels to guarantee that we meet all our customer expectations.
The ideal candidate for this role will be responsible for advising on all company legal matters, such as litigation, preparation of contractual documents used by company. Assist with all group governance as well as commercial affairs, in-depth legal and business-focused advice and analysing and identifying the legal risks and implications of all the business' transactions within area of responsibility.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing in the role:
- Timeous and accurate drafting, vetting negotiating and updating of legal documentation such as, contracts and correspondence
- Ensure that contracts are of a consistent high quality, substantially fulfills the businesses’ requirements, and are compliant with the relevant legislation
- Draft master agreements for recurring business models so as to standardize key terms and streamline the contract review process
- Manage contracts and other legal related monthly reports and document retention
- Ensuring legal conformity in all tasks and minimize probability of legal exposure
- manage compliance and implementation of new legislation and advise
business on the impact thereof
- Specify internal governance policies and monitor compliance regularly
Provide accurate advice on legal matters
- Assist in negotiations with potential business partners and provide advice to management to ensure that it is aware of the legal impact of its decisions
- Inform the various businesses of developments in legislation which have the potential to impact their business area
- Provide legal advice, opinions and guidance which is appropriate, accurate and commercially relevant
- Advise, assist and guide internal stakeholders to ensure a compliance culture is embedded across the group and in so doing empowering the group to manage regulatory, conduct and reputational risks
- Assist in managing the Group’s intellectual property portfolio, including but not limited to: briefing and liaising with IP attorneys on new applications, IP related litigation, filing of trademarks and renewals received, and updating IP register
- LLB degree and an admitted attorney
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in Commercial Law
- Knowledge of Company Act compliance.
- Experience in due diligence, legal research and contract drafting.